CucCAP Extension presentation at the Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association of Delaware annual meeting – January 8 – 11, 2018
- Dr. Jonathan Schultheis will present: “Melon Varieties; Orange Flesh and Various Specialty Melon Opportunities at the on Tuesday January 9, 2018 in the Fresh market session.
- Dr. Jonathan Schultheis will present: “Parthenocarpic Pickling Cucumber; Plant Population and Cultivar Considerations” at the on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 in the Processing Vegetable Session. View the program for this meeting.
CucCAP Plant Breeders will make presentations at the Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference – January 12, 2018
- Best Practices to Reduce the Impact of Phytophthora – Shaker Kousik will discuss Phytopthora capsici and current research efforts to reduce the impact of this disease in vegetables.
CucCAP scientists will present at the Plant and Animal Genome Conference XXVI program – January 13-17, 2018
- Drs. Yi Zheng & Shan Wu (Fei lab), Rebecca Grumet, Amnon Levi, Yiqun Weng, Michael Mazourek, James D. McCreight, Umesh K. Reddy, and Zhangjun Fei will present:
Cucurbit Genomics Database: Integration Genetic and Genomics Resources for Cucurbit Breeding
- Dr. Zhangjun Fei will present: Cucurbit Genomics Database for Cucurbit Genomics, Genetics and Breeding
- Shan Wu, a member of Dr. Fei’s lab will present: Cucurbita Genome Sequences Provide Insights into Polyploid Genome Evolution and Heterosis in Interspecific Hybrid
- Dr. Rebecca Grumet will present: QTL Analysis of Variation in Cuticle and Epicuticular Wax Deposition in Cucumber Fruit
- Dr. Pat Wechter will present: Construction of a High-Density Genome-Anchored Genetic Map for Melon (Cucumis melo L.) and Identification of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. melonis Race 1 Resistance QTL
- Dr. Yiqun Weng will present Genetic Architecture of Downy Mildew Resistance in Cucumber
- Drs. Kaori Ando, Bill Wintermantel and Jim McCreight will present “Phylogenetic analysis of an orphan melon, Cucumis melo ssp. agrestis var. texanus via genotyping-by-sequence.”