Downy Mildew Epidemic Updates
- 1 August: Lagrange County, IN on Cucumber; Suffolk, VA on Butternut squash.
- 31 July: First reports from TN and MI; new reports from PA and NJ. CDM had been confirmed in Knox County, TN; Berrien County, MI; Lancaster County, PA; and Hunterdon County, NJ. on cucumber; Cumberland County, NJ: on jack-o-lantern type Pumpkin.
- 29 July: First reports from KY; new report from AL. CDM had been confirmed in Pulaski and Breathitt Counties, KY; and Russell County, AL.
- 27 July: Pulaski County, KY on Cucumber; Breathitt County, KY on Cucumber.
- 25 July: Lehigh County, PA on Cucumber; Cumberland, NJ on Butternut squash; Haywood County, NC on Cucumber.
- 20 July: Henderson County, NC on Cucumber; Emporia County, VA on Cucumber.
- 18 July: Wicomico County, MD on Cantaloupe.
- 16 July: Chatham County, NC on Cucumber.
- 10 July: Johnston County, NC on Acorn squash, Yellow/Summer squash, Butternut squash, Cantaloupe, & Giant pumpkin.
- 12 July: Edgecombe County, NC on Acorn squash, Yellow/Summer squash, Butternut squash, Cantaloupe, Giant pumpkin, & Watermelon.
- 11 July: Mifflin County, PA on Cucumber.
- 9 July: Warren County, NJ on Cucumber; Hyde County, NC on Butternut squash & Cucumber.
- 8 July: Dinwiddie County, VA on Cucumber.
- 7 July: Russell County, AL on Cucumber.
- 5 July: Lexington County, SC on Cucumber & Giant pumpkin; Charleston County, SC on Cantaloupe.
- 4 July: Johnston County, NC on Butternut squash.
- 1 July: Bamberg County, SC on Watermelon.
- 26 June: Escambia County, AL on Cucumber.
- 6 June: Baldwin County, AL on Butternut squash & Cucumber.
Cucurbit Downy Mildew Forecast
Overview: HIGH Risk for cucurbits throughout the eastern United States. We are in a prolonged period of very favorable weather for epidemic spread. Transport events move north/NW Tuesday July 31, generally north/NE Wednesday August 1 and Thursday August 2. Susceptible plants in large regions of the eastern U.S. are going to experience multiple rounds of survivable spore transport and effective deposition. Read More